Thursday, September 2, 2010

Do Not Repeat After Me

We've officially reached the stage where Spence is repeating EVERYTHING we say. While I'd like to say it's precious (and there are precious moments) for the most part, it's only made me realize that Jarrod and I need to clean up our mouths! Seriously, we should keep soap on us at all times and wash out our mouths at even the thought of a bad word. In the past week, Spence has repeated minor curse words (said by me when bumping my toe), insisted on calling toots "farts", and told the neighbors dog to "shut up" (a phrase he learned at school and not from me- thankfully).

Last night was probably the worst example. I had purchased funny drinking straws for a friend's bachelorette party several years ago. When we didn't use them, I brought them home and they have remained in our pantry (even through the move) for years. While we were unloading groceries yesterday, these wonderful straws --- okay, I'll just say it-- penis straws fell out of the pantry. Jarrod picked them up and said "Seriously Linz, we still have these penis straws." Well, for the rest of the night, Spence carried around his penis straw begging for more. Oy vey....

On a sweeter note: Jarrod usually reads books to Spence in our bed before he gets put in his crib. Lately, Jarrod has asked me to lay in bed and read with them. Unfortunately, I've had 100 other things to do and haven't. In response to my refusal, Jarrod taught Spence to say "Mama, you're breaking my heart." It's precious. And, everytime I say "no", I get to hear "Mama, you baking my hawt." :)

3 comments:

  1. awww!!! how can you say no to that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. my question is: Why did the "straws" travel with you from home to home but your shoes did not??

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny and so sweet! I miss the Taylor trio! I must find a weekend to visit.

    ReplyDelete