Monday, March 14, 2011

Bored Blogging

Bored blogging, like drunk dialing, should only be done in times of desperation. And apparently, I'm here. After googling everything I can think of, stalking every person I have ever met via facebook, and reviewing every photo taken of the Japanese earthquake disaster, I have reached the end of the internet and have, instead, turned to blogging.

Since I have no pictures of Spence to upload and his sickness has made us homebodies all weekend, I don't have any fun little updates on my P. In fact, he's been a beast. The 2's have come to us late but in full force.


Instead, I guess I'll have to talk about my living room. Boring?? NO! (Well, maybe just a little bit). After living with Value City furniture for the past 7 years (which I love by the way), I have decided to redecorate our living room. We found a designer (for free) at a cute, local furniture store and have started the process. Your thoughts/comments are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED and would be APPRECIATED (construtive criticism even more so)!

Truthfully, I ain't no Kim Wilson, so my taste is suspect at best. I prefer to point to pictures of things I like/don't like - rather than come up with original ideas. That being said, the plan to have a functional, slightly more adult living room with lots of seating for those friends we haven't made here and who don't visit. Sigh......

Here are the plans: Creamy/yellow neutral paint color; neutral rug (exciting so far, right), a large, leather ottomon/coffee table, and then colorful, fun furniture.


We're thinking two of these chairs (in this color) on one side of the room with my uncle's table (above) in between as an accent table. Then, a settee (much more comfy and not as ornate as the one below) in a khaki fabric base with all of the cushions in this fabric:


Finally, we plan on eventually getting a new sofa (smaller than our huge, broken one) in a neutral that's super comfy, slightly less formal (with still some structure). Oh, and two small ottomons in front of our fireplace in a cool fabric. Thoughts?

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I may have to take up bored blogging. I have overdosed on the tsunami photos, too!

    Linz, I am sure whatever you, Jarrod and "P" choose for your living room will be lovely. Those leather chairs were so unique...I like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your entire first paragraph cracked me up!!! hahaha :) You SO have the same great taste as Kim Wilson- I love what you're thinking about so far!! That fabric for the cushions is GORG!!! Plus, that chair looks so comfortable- like I could just sink into it and stay all night :)Remind me again- why did you leave?? :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah,....remind me too...why did you leave? You have far more interesting talents and writing skills than Kiki ever could. I love the green chairs. You know the settee will only seat 1 person? But if that 1 person was me...I would totally love lounging on it. I think you have wonderful warm ideas...but, say bien sûr, I think the people in the house are the most magical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sarcasm is exactly what I needed tonight--sick as a dog! :( A few things: 1). Your taste is ah-may-zing when it comes to interior decorating, 2). Bored blogging is better than no blogging (which I am an expert in-- I am absolutely a deadbeat blogger) and 3). Whenever I reach the end of The Interweb, I mosey on over to www.sporcle.com and allow my common sense and all concept of time to retreat in shame. There. That should keep you busy for a while. Also, I play Bejeweled until my eyes burn. Miss all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I bet you have reached the end of the internet like 18 times with all of your persistent googling. I have to agree with everyone, I think you have great interior decorating style. I love what you posted... fun & also mature. Cant wait to see pics of it all in your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up! Isn't it sad that is the only thing my brain can come up with right now? Anyway, it's true and I LOVE it all!!! You are off to a great start and that living room will be done before you know it!
    PS...I could really go for one of those cheese plates at that place we went to (?) right now! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your talk about people not visiting makes me feel bad b/c I haven't visited :( Stupid weekend work schedule. I don't think I'll be able to come until June, unless I came on a Sun/Mon/Tues ... thoughts?
    As for the decorating, go with it sister! You have better taste than you think. Everything looks nice, refreshing, light and springy.
    Love and miss you mucho! Calling soon for another chat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the green chair - i want one!!! isn't that the one Alicia has? where did you see this? what brand? and i love the fabric sample = what is that?
    love the video of Spence - yes, 'twill be good for him to see when he is older.
    luv u
    keep a-bloggin'

    ReplyDelete