Thursday, June 2, 2011

I Made It 1 Year

It's official. I made it one year. One year in this chair.....

One year of early mornings, daycare drop-offs/pick-ups, frantic dinners, dirty laundry, and dusty floors. If I'm honest, the laundry and floors would happen regardless of where I work (home or not). Housewivery (is that a word?) is not my strong suit. Apparently neither is office organization - do you see that desk?

Anyway, we've been in St. Louis for over a year as well. It's still been hard to make couple friends. Our neighborhood is looking like a great prospect and Jarrod recently had several guys get hired in his department that he really likes. So far though, it's mostly just the Taylor Trio hanging out (which, in honesty, I often prefer). Living in a large city does have it perks: awesome parks, tons of children's activities, ridiculously nice shopping, fun concerts. Still, I miss Huntington. Why many would ask? Jim's of course! Just kidding - I miss my friends, my screened-in porch, MY PARENTS (and other family), Chick-fil-A playdates, 3 day a week working......


Enough nostalgia, it's making me sad. My brother visited over the Memorial Day weekend and I had such a great time. We took Spence to the Magic House and he and Jarrod got to go to a Cardinals game and sit in the Edward Jones luxury box. Not bad! My brother helped me take down Spence's crib :( (cue the tears) and we set up his toddler bed - his reward for peepeeing and poopooing in the potty. Spence LOVES it!




On another note: Jarrod takes Level III of the CFA this weekend. Please PRAY LONG AND HARD that he passes. His practice tests have been borderline and he's starting to worry. Even if you don't like Jarrod - maybe you like me - or at the very least Spence - and Spence deserves for his daddy to pass! :)

Finally, Spence's 3rd birthday is coming up and I just have to show you the invites. I think they're precious.



Now I feel like I should say something off of the Price is Right.. "If you are in the St. Louis area and would like to join our celebration, please email or call for party information." Oh how I miss Bob Barker.
On that note - time to do some actual work (or finally get 3 stars on Level 5-17 of Angry Birds)! Love to all!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how I do miss the Taylor Trio, and I CANNOT believe it's been a YEAR since y'all moved! I sometimes like to pretend that you still live here, and that we've just been super busy and haven't been able to get together, but that we'll eventually have a catch up playdate sometime soon. :( So, whenever I look at your blog pics of your new house/job, I momentarily freak out, then get a little bit sad, then laugh at whatever you've just written! We're headed to the beach next week, but I WILL call you when we get home and chat--in the meantime, big prayers for Jarrod this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think Kiki can fit in that Thomas bed with Spence when she comes to visit? And yes, I will be in town for the big 3 party!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Move back to Huntington.
    (I love the bday invitations!!!)

    ReplyDelete